Thursday, February 15, 2007

 

Life has been quiet

My former life, the one where I jumped around the world from place to place trying to make the next big agriculture deal, the one where I had a wife and kid somewhere who I would see from time to time, the life that was filled with potential but ended up with disaster, is gone.

I make my living doing the little things now. Tech writing, odds and ends that somehow end up bringing in more money than my former hotshot life. Life is quite. I added a second girl to the family. I stayed home a lot. I haven't been on a plane for well over a year. Just wondering what's next, if there is a next.

In the meantime, I get to know my kids, and begin to worry less about myself. Hell, if my kids grow up into happy adults, and I live to see that, I'm good. You can lay me on the tracks and let me die there if we get that far.

I took my 4 year old upstairs to bed. She was busy all evening making various scenes out of cut paper on which she drew pictures. She doesn't need toys. Just paper, scissors and pens or such.
Our conversation was simple.

"Good night, Sheena."
"Good night.... Papa"
"I love you Sheena."
"I love you, Papa."
"Happy Dreams, Sheena."
"Happy Dreams, Papa."
"Sheena"
"Papa"

Then we laughed and she drifted to sleep.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?