Wednesday, February 14, 2007

 

A Rough Guide to Being a Gentleman #1

Is it true that a gentleman always wears a t-shirt?

Funny that. I hate wearing two shirts at the same time, unless the outer shirt is made of a particularly itchy Scottish wool (do they mix in wild boar hairs up there?) I mean, that's what sweaters are for.

It wasn't until I spent a couple summers in Japan that I finally went against intuition and put on a second shirt on in 100 degree heat and 99% humidity. It works. And, with new fabrics coming out (available at Uniqlo), the shirts evaporate the sweat off you much more quickly.

Whether this makes you a gentleman is a question I can't answer. But, there is nothing that will reduce your chances of impressing people quite so much as a dress shirt soaked in sweat.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?